My Family

"Life will knock you down. You can choose to stand up again."




Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Races in Vegas

This past weekend, I drove down to Las Vegas to meet up with Josh and his family. Josh, his dad, his best friend and his brother are all firefighters for Nascar. I was spoiled rotten, as I got to carry around Josh's credentials all weekend. That allowed me to go into the garages, meet the drivers, watch the races from pit row and experience the winner's circle, along with driver's meetings and the heart-breaking five-lap memorial for Dan Wheldon. It was a great weekend. The races were amazing to watch. The sounds, the smells, the sun... it was an awesome experience. Nate, Josh's cousin, was my right-hand man during the races. He and I hung out and watched the races from pit row. We got pictures with cool people, too! I do want to mention that the crash which killed Dan Wheldon was terrible. It was an emotional Sunday afternoon for everyone there. I was honored to be able to walk out onto the track with the dozens of firefighters and stand to pay tribute to a great guy! The bag pipes played Amazing Grace as the drivers went around the track five times in a 3-wide formation. Not a dry eye out there! R.I.P. Dan Wheldon.



















No comments:

Post a Comment