My Family

"Life will knock you down. You can choose to stand up again."




Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Solo Road Trip


Tomorrow, after a meeting, I am getting in my mini-van and going on a solo road trip. Ryan is going to stay with my boys until Sunday night, when I get home and I am going away all by myself. I am going to roll down my windows and play REALLY loud music. I am going to talk to myself, to Heavenly Father and to whatever animals I might come across. I am going to sing really loud. I am going to just be. I am driving to Las Vegas. Josh and his dad and his cousin are down there right now. They are firefighters for NASCAR in Vegas. I am going to sit by the pool by myself while they work. I am going to read. I am going to sleep. I am going to eat. I am going to two races. Can't wait!

I need a solo road trip. I need to be alone for a little bit. I need a break. I am grateful for my past year and a half, where I have been able to notice when I need a break, when I'm at my limit, when I need to have Heidi time. It's time. It's a little overdue.

I'll report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment