My Family

"Life will knock you down. You can choose to stand up again."




Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Adams Canyon Hike

As you may or may not know, I have had three back surgeries. They don't define me, but in many ways, they have defined my ability to do many activities. Yesterday, the boys and I met Josh in Layton. We each had a backpack, full of water and crackers. We set out on quite a hike! I have not gone on a hike since my first back surgery. But, I was determined to do this. We hiked Adams Canyon. It's a beautiful spot, with amazing views of the Great Salt Lake, and the entire valley. We initially hiked to "the small water fall" but then moved on to BIGGER and better and HARDER things! It took us 2 1/2 hours to get to the top, where "the big water fall" is. There were many, many times when I wanted to give up, but I kept going. About one hour into the hike, my right leg completely gave out on me, but I did not want to give up. I made it all the way to the top. I was SO elated that I had done it. And, I was SO proud of my boys who also did it, without complaining. It was an amazing moment to reach the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment