My Family

"Life will knock you down. You can choose to stand up again."




Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Girl Scout Cookies Rambling Post

I have a co-worker, Paula, who we lovingly call "Auntie Paula." She likes to send home treats and goodies for the boys. Last night, they got some girl scout cookies (samoas)! LUCKY!! I was reminded of how blessed I am. This has not been an easy journey for us. It has been a tough, uphill journey. But, as I look back on every minute of it, I have never, ever been alone. Heavenly Father has blessed me expedentially. He knows me, and you. He knows my strengths and weaknesses. He knows what I need. And, He blesses me and my children with those things. There have been people all along the way who have helped in so many ways. Whether it's passing on a bag of used clothes, or buying my son a scout shirt, or helping us shovel the walks, or sending a cute card, or buying my children goodies, or praying for us. I remember when Colton was born, B. Beck came, put me in the wheelchair and wheeled me down to the NICU to hold him and love on him. I remember when I have felt so alone and so down, and N brings homemeade bread that Miss Birdie sends. I remember when Braxton threw a fit about tying a tie and the next door neighbor came over and just spent 20 minutes with him. I remember when I had no idea how I was going to buy Kaydon a scout shirt, and then he came home from scouts with a new one and all of his patches. We are never, ever alone. I am so grateful for these samoas that my children can enjoy, and for every single person who has blessed us. It was my choice to go back to school and so much pressure has fallen to my sweet mom. I know she is exhausted, but she has been ultra supportive of me. She tells me every day that she is proud of me and she never, ever complains. I could not have done this without her and I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment