My Family

"Life will knock you down. You can choose to stand up again."




Monday, June 10, 2013

Our Trip to GWS, Colorado

We took a road trip to Glenwood Springs, Colorado this past weekend. Oh my goodness is this place beautiful! We stayed in the Hotel Colorado, which is a very old structure. Beautiful and ornate, yet old. Old as in no air conditioner, old. Josh had to make a late night run to Walmart to buy some fans. We were on the fourth floor with no air conditioner and NO ONE was happy. The fans helped. Old as in no continental breakfast and no blow dryer, old. But, this place was beautiful none the less. Village Inn worked just fine. Saturday morning we headed up the tram to the top of the mountain to enjoy the Glenwood Springs Adventure. I am not a fan of closed in spaces nor heights. I may or may not have been a big brat on the way up on that tram. I may or may not have had a moment of panic on the way up on that tram. We made it to the top, though. Barely. Poor Josh. It was so amazing on the top of the mountain! We went down the alpine slide, we went on the zip line ( I totally did it!!!), we went on a couple of roller coasters, and the little ones rock climbed. Josh, Jackson, and Kaydon did this horrible, terrifying, not-for-a-mothers-eyes swing out over the canyon, and we loved every minute! It was such a fun day! After our much more calm tram ride back down the mountain, we changed into our swim suits and went to the hot springs pools. Heaven on earth were these pools. They were warm and shallow and wonderful! I could have stayed in that pool for days. It was a really fun, relaxing family weekend. Jackson even said to me, "Mom this is way better than video games with my friends!" Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment