My Family

"Life will knock you down. You can choose to stand up again."




Thursday, October 31, 2013

Dear J

I sometimes feel really dumb writing things about J on my blog. He and I have been dating for over 2 1/2 years. But, we're not married. There is no guarantee that we will continue to be together, therefore I feel like I might be judged when writing about him. I also wonder if ever I'll regret writing about him. I am also having issues with random females facebooking me and leaving horrible messages. It's pretty awful. When I began receiving these messages, I broke down in tears and realized that so many of our memories over the last 2 1/2 years involve J and Little Miss. Our trips, our holidays, our religious milestones, etc. However, my heart is full of gratitude for him today and this entire week. Therefore, I'm posting about him anyways.
Dear J- Thank you for making my boys smile and laugh. Thank you for sitting down with them, whether in person or over the phone, and discussing school, grades, teachers, peers, trials, successes, and fears. Thank you for loving your daughter as you do. She will forever have strength in her life because of the way her daddy loves her. Thank you for your patience with me. Thank you for loving me despite the fact that I can be very hard to love. Thank you for having patience with me daily. Thank you for strengthening me through my insecurities. Thank you for making me laugh and smile when all I really want to do is cry. Thank you for loving my family. Thank you for holding my hand, hugging me, kissing me, and letting me kick your booty. Thank you for being you. Thank you for all of our memories. I am so proud of you. You are the best coach! You have such a gift for coaching, for seeing things on the field that the rest of us would never see. You are great with the young men that you coach. They look up to you, they respect you, they work hard for you. You work so hard for your daughter. She will forever know that you love her. I love you, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment