My Family

"Life will knock you down. You can choose to stand up again."




Friday, January 24, 2014

Exhaustion & Help

The last two weeks have been exhausting. Physically, spiritually, emotionally, mentally. Exhausting. We all have time like this in our lives, I know. Isn't it nice to know that we are never alone? Josh has at least one herniated disk that is compressing his spinal cord. He is in extreme pain all of the time, and gets very little sleep. Braxton has been going through what Braxton goes through. Colton informed me this morning that he bit the inside of his cheek and it was the worst pain EVER. Kaydon has been wanting to sleep on my floor. Jackson stayed home from school yesterday because his tummy hurt, and his legs, and his shoulders, and his back, and his neck.......... Brooklyn cries every time she leaves me. She isn't the only one who cries when she leaves me! At the end of the day, I am still there, trying to hold it all together. Aren't we all? Aren't we all just trying to endure each day? Some days are better than others, of course, but some are just plain hard! This morning when I left home, I wasn't very nice to Braxton. He informed me that he couldn't go to school because he was super dizzy and nauseous. It could certainly be the fact that he is on all kinds of new meds, but I felt like it was an excuse to just not go to school. I told him that by the time I got home, he better have all 32 missing assignments done or I will be attending school with him all day on Monday. I wasn't compassionate, affectionate, loving, or caring AT ALL. I felt really, really bad when I got to work. Josh texted me "Good morning beautiful" as he has every single morning since the day we met three years ago. I told him that I wasn't nice to the boy this morning. He said, "I'll call him. It's okay." Grateful. So, our day will carry on. We will all do our best to endure, and to try to have a great, happy, successful day. And, we'll remember that we are never alone. Ever. (the pictures below are some of my favorites! These are my "other" boys - the wrestlers - sleeping between matches)

No comments:

Post a Comment