My Family

"Life will knock you down. You can choose to stand up again."




Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Garden

Last night, Josh came home and we ate dinner as a family. Then, he told the boys to get their shoes on and go to the backyard. We planted our garden, as a family. Actually, Josh and the boys planted the garden. I weeded and raked. We planted corn, pumpkins, beans, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, and raspberries. Can I just tell you that it was heaven on earth? I looked around at them and I counted my blessings, one by one. Do you know how I have yearned for this? I have hoped against hope that this would be my life someday. I hoped against hope that this would be my boys' life. They weren't exactly happy that they had to work for so hard for so long, but in the end, we were all thrilled with the outcome. We can't wait to watch these little plants grow!
After we were done, I headed up to bed. I am working 7-4:30 four days a week and 7-11 on Fridays now. I have to wake up at 5 to get ready and leave the house no later than 6. That's early, People! When I went up to bed, Josh was sitting in the living room with all four boys. I didn't know what they were talking about, and I didn't care. I knew it was their discussion and for that, I was SO grateful. About 30 minutes after I went to bed, Josh came up and whispered in my ear that he and the boys were going to get milk. Ok????? It was like 9:00. When I got up this morning, I saw soda, chocolate milk, and water toys in the kitchen. Milk, yeah right! I text him and told him how grateful I was that he spent father/son time with them and that they know that they are loved. So thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment