My Family

"Life will knock you down. You can choose to stand up again."




Wednesday, October 15, 2014

My Happily Ever After

**The following post is personal and talks of my mistakes. This is my journal, though, and so I am documenting it, along with the feelings I have today.**Good morning World. I have been carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders for the past few years. In so doing, I decided that I should stop wearing my sacred garments. I have not worn my garments for three years. I have also not been to the temple for 8 years, or so. I didn't take the Sacrament for a long time. Well, last night I went to talk to our amazing bishop. We call this "taking advantage of the Atonement of our Savior." I took advantage of the Atonement of my Savior last night. I began a process of repentance, of education, of humility, of doing better every single day. Before I left, he told me to go home and put my garments on. I sobbed. You know, when I took my endowments out, at 18 years old, I thought that garments were THE most uncomfortable things ever. It isn't until you can't/don't wear them that you understand the protection that the garment provides. I am literally clothed today, for the first time in a long time. I feel like I am on a spiritual high of epic proportions. Literally. There is no mortal, temporal thing/experience that could make me feel like I do today. I will be meeting with my bishop often, as I continue my process of repentance. I assured him that I am willing to do whatever is necessary. I want to return to the temple. I want to re-commit to the covenants I have made. I want to feel the spiritual high that only the temple can provide to us. I love the following talk by President Uchtdorf. I feel like a princess today!
President Uchtdorf gave a talk which I love titled, Your Happily Ever After. “Once upon a time” promises something: a story of adventure and romance, a story of princesses and princes. It may include tales of courage, hope, and everlasting love. In many of these stories, nice overcomes mean and good overcomes evil. But perhaps most of all, I love it when we turn to the last page and our eyes reach the final lines and we see the enchanting words “And they lived happily ever after.” "Isn’t that what we all desire: to be the heroes and heroines of our own stories; to triumph over adversity; to experience life in all its beauty; and, in the end, to live happily ever after? “You are a beloved daughter of Heavenly Father, prepared to come to the earth at this particular time for a sacred and glorious purpose.” Sisters, those words are true! They are not made up in a fairy tale! Isn’t it remarkable to know that our eternal Heavenly Father knows you, hears you, watches over you, and loves you with an infinite love? In fact, His love for you is so great that He has granted you this earthly life as a precious gift of “once upon a time,” complete with your own true story of adventure, trial, and opportunities for greatness, nobility, courage, and love. And, most glorious of all, He offers you a gift beyond price and comprehension. Heavenly Father offers to you the greatest gift of all—eternal life—and the opportunity and infinite blessing of your own “happily ever after.” Sisters, we love you. We pray for you. Be strong and of good courage. You are truly royal spirit daughters of Almighty God. You are princesses, destined to become queens. Your own wondrous story has already begun. Your “once upon a time” is now.
In other news, this is my real-life princess, Miss Elsa. Sis has her Halloween party today since she goes off track tomorrow. Oh, how I love this beauty. I want her to ALWAYS know of her worth, of her potential, of her divine nature, and to never, ever make the mistakes that I have made. She is too valuable, too important, too perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment