My Family

"Life will knock you down. You can choose to stand up again."




Thursday, February 5, 2015

Rock

Dear Josh, You are the rock of this family. All of the time. You are the rock of this family. "When is Dad coming home?" "Is Dad home?" "I need to call Dad." "Why isn't Dad home yet?" When we don't see you for more than an hour a day because you are crazy busy with wrestling and football and work, everyone struggles. You sit at the kitchen table for hours on end, literally, surrounded by boys who are doing homework. You sit there with them until it's done. You play UNO with Brooklyn at 6:30 am just because she wants you to. Last night, I wasn't feeling well so you tucked me into bed, put a movie in for me and checked up on my twice, all the while running boys to and from mutual, cleaning up dinner and working from home on wrestling brackets. You start my car every morning, get the heater going, and make sure I have everything I need. You attend parent/teacher conferences for all of the kids alone. You email teachers, call the schools, etc. to deal with every issue. On Monday, you sat with Colton for over an hour, helping him to clean out his closet and dresser, fold his clothes, and clean his room. You sit with our children, individually, sometimes for hours, just talking to them, making sure what is expected of them, and ensuring that they know that they are loved. Colton feels safest when he is touching you, as proven in this picture. He needs to know where you are at all times. We love you, Josh. We are so proud of you. We are so grateful that you work so hard, never complaining. We are so grateful that you love your children more than anything in this world. We are so grateful that you love me, that you treat with me with nothing but respect, that you are a gentle with me, and that your boys see that example and mirror it. You are our rock and we love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment