My Family

"Life will knock you down. You can choose to stand up again."




Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Road We Travel

Yesterday was a very long day for me. I was at work until 8:30 pm. I was asked to take minutes at a City Council Town Hall Meeting. What an honor it was to be asked to do that. In the two and a half weeks that I have been at my new job, I have been involved in several events that were important. I represented the city at the marathon, Make a Difference Day, and at this meeting last night that was held at the University. This job has kicked my booty. It is completely different from anything I have ever done, yet so similar. As I drove home last night, this is what I saw.

I thought for those moments about how our Father is all-knowing. Every single job I have had up until now has prepared me for this. Whether it's minute-taking, organization, multi-tasking, event planning, personnel management, purchasing, budgeting, or just socializing - they have all prepared me for this. Heavenly Father knows us. He knows what our future looks like. He knows what we need, when we need it. He knows US - you and I. Each step we take in this life prepares us for the next.

I also thought about what I was traveling to last night. I was traveling home to a place where my children would be comfortably sleeping, with full tummies from a yummy dinner that Josh made for them. I knew they were safe and well. I knew that they were in clean pajamas, in comfortable beds with pillows and blankets. I knew their homework was completed. I knew that my husband would be there, protecting them and waiting for me. I knew that he would welcome me home with open arms, an otter pop, and a movie. And, he did. The dishwasher was going from the dishes at dinner. The laundry was done. My bed was warm and comfortable. My heart was full.

I KNOW that we are children of God. I know that He knows us and that if we are doing what He has asked, we WILL be blessed. Our cars will still die. Our basements might still flood. Our appliances might still go out. Our children might still be naughty. Our health might still not be ideal. But, it is all preparing us for the next step of which He is completely aware. I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment