My Family

"Life will knock you down. You can choose to stand up again."




Monday, September 14, 2015

Church Day

Church day is a crazy day. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be. It's hard to get a family to church. It's hard to get a family to sit still during church. It's hard, as a tired mom, to keep my eyes open throughout church. It's hard to not have my 44 ounce Diet Coke sitting on my lap during church. But, church day is so worth it.

Yesterday, Colton passed the Sacrament for the very first time. I was so nervous, so worried. He kept turning around and looking at me with the most nervous look on his face. Before I got to church, the boys showed him his very own route. He goes down the side and then gets right in line. He was so proud of himself! He just smiled so big! I cried and cried (tears of sheer joy!) I am so thankful for those who have made accommodations so that Colton can participate in an ordinance that he fully understands and believes in.

Then, there's Primary. I teach Primary. Josh teaches Sunday School. I have some little rascals in my class (who I love and adore!) After sharing time, we walk to our class. Josh sits on the couch that we pass so that I can let him know if I need him during class time. Yesterday was a big YES! During sharing time, two of my little rascals got to be sung to for their upcoming birthdays!
Then, Brooklyn was the spotlight! She has been asking and asking when her turn would come. She was so excited that it was finally here. It was very cute.
Then it was class time. Josh saw the look on my face and jumped right up to round up the little chinchillas. He sat on the floor to try to referee the front row vs. the back row. They know that Josh always have treats. Getting through a lesson is near impossible, but those kiddos know that we love them and they know that they are cared about and that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment