My Family

"Life will knock you down. You can choose to stand up again."




Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Answers Come

I love that after General Conference, we are able to then read and re-read the talks that were given. As my children have been coming to me with problems, concerns, struggles, and fears, I have prayed for them. I always pray for them. They are in my thoughts every minute of every day. Last night as I laid in bed, I read this article. It was a direct answer to my prayers.

I asked Heavenly Father for the first time EVER (in 38 years!!) what it was that I was missing, what was I not doing that I needed to be doing. A couple of very direct answers came to my mind immediately. I felt comforted and peaceful. This morning before I left to drop Brooklyn off at daycare, Jackson off to school, and to go to work, I pulled Braxton out of the shower and the children and I knelt. (Josh had already left for work) Together, we offered a family prayer.

I am fully aware that this is not a new concept. I am sure that everyone who reads this blog does the same thing at least once every day, along with family scripture study. I have not been doing it because I felt that I was just too hurried, too busy, and not "able" to do it. I was wrong! That one minute prayer allowed me to tell my Heavenly Father, with my children listening, that I was thankful for every one of them. I prayed for specific things for each one of them and they were able to hear me do that. When I left, still in a hurried rush, I felt peace. I felt like I had given my children the best possible chance at a good day.

As I have said before, this life is not what I expected, not what I planned for, not what I wished for, but it is a good life. Last night, as Josh taught our family during family home evening, I heard him tell our children that no matter what time of day or night it is, he is available to them. He will drop everything and help them. I know this to be true. I have watched him do it over and over again. I asked my children during the lesson if they are saying their prayers. Some nodded and some shook their heads. I reminded them that without saying their prayers, they are essentially doing everything on their own when they don't have to. They never have to be alone. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment