My Family

"Life will knock you down. You can choose to stand up again."




Friday, November 13, 2015

Homework

On Wednesday, I didn't have to work at my full-time job. I asked my children to stay home from school and be with me. Only two of them took me up on the offer. I drove Colton to school, something I never get to do, and Jackson picked him up. Braxton and I picked Brooklyn up from school, something I've never been able to do. Kaydon rode the bus home. When we all arrived, I finished up my homemade potato soup while the children did homework. They have such a great routine that they've worked out amongst themselves. They work hard and they help one another. I was of no help to them! They each did their own, and helped each other as needed.


When I left to go to my night job, I left a home that smelled of fresh, homemade soup that I had made for my family. The children were playing and reading and laughing. Josh was on his way home. I felt blessed. Even though I had to work, like I do every single day, I knew that my children were in a warm home, with food, clothes, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment