When going through something(s) like this hulla baloo I am experiencing, what helps?
1. Family love
- I cannot even begin to tell you how Logan and Skipper and Brandon and Carrie have been there for us. Just this morning, Brandon talked me off the ledge, or off the sledge hammer.
2. True friends
- I've never had many friends (like real friends). I can count them on my hands, and not even using all ten fingers. But the friends that I have are Heaven-sent, and I mean that literally. They have been hand-picked for me. The texts, the cards, the emails, the notes in the mail, the times they've listened to me cry, the food, the treats, the gift cards. The list goes on and on. But, I am blessed to have friends who love me despite the fact that I am not perfect.
3. My Babies
- The boys that I have been gifted with are extraordinary. I love them more than I can describe. They make it necessary for me to choose to get up every morning and stay up late at night to work hard. They make me laugh and they make me cry! They are my joy. Real joy comes from motherhood and I am so blessed.
4. Scriptures/Conference Talks/Messages from General Authorities
- How blessed are we that we can go onto our phones and pull up talks or scriptures or short videos from our Apostles and General Authorities. I love to do that during the day at work when I need a boost, and at night before I fall asleep. I love to feel the comfort and the direction that comes from their wisdom and experience.
5. Prayer - Personal and Family
- Family prayer has undoubtedly blessed our home and our family. Kneeling in personal prayer has strengthened me beyond words. The ability that we have to talk to our Heavenly Father is such a blessing.
6. The Temple
- Enough said. It is where I crave to go. It brings me comfort and peace that I cannot feel any place else. It is so needed.
- I write in my thankful book everyday. It reminds me of all that I have been blessed with - of tender mercies that occur every day. It really is true that when you begin to count your blessings, they are too numerous to count.
- Sitting outside in the sun, playing in the backyard with my boys while listening to the sound of the creek, going to Lagoon with my boys and being in the sun. Even laying in a tanning bed when the sun hasn't shown for a week. I need the sun and it helps me so much.
9. Ability to write
- I have been blessed with the ability to write and write and write my feelings down. Sometimes we just have to get them out of us and onto paper. Writing my feelings down is helping me process them, get them out, then put them away. It helps me so much.
- It's okay to treat myself. If I want a dipped ice cream cone, I am going to get it. And that's ok. If I feel like painting my nails, I am going to do it and that is ok. If I feel like taking a hot bath, I am going to do it and that's ok.
More than anything, my faith keeps me going and those who surround us with love and patience and kindness and warmth have kept me away from the ledge, literally. We got this!