We have a short break from all of the Smith Gang birthdays!
In the meantime...
Cooper has been at football camp all day this week.
I can't believe it's just two weeks until school starts.
Tomorrow is his SENIOR year blue and white game.
He had a few of his friends over on Saturday to swim and eat pizza.
Rambunctious teens is the best!
I'm grateful that our kids have chosen such good friends!
In other news..
I told Burke at the end of Ryker's football season last year that I wasn't going to be team mom this year.
Parents are literally the worst.
It's a part-time to full-time job to be team mom in this conference and it's exhausting.
Then came this season.
Burke was asked by the head coach to coach with him.
No biggie.
All of the boys' coaches have always asked Burke to help.
However, it's more official this year... he had to take tests and a background check.
Monday, Burke got a text from the coach.
"Hey! I heard that your wife is the GOAT of team moms. Will she do it this year for us?"
Burke's face went skeewompus.
I asked him what was up.
He read the text to me.
Ugh.
Ryker came upstairs and said, "YEAH! You're going to do it, right?"
Ugh.
And so here I am...
Team Mom.
New coach.
New team.
Team Mom.
Six days a week.
Before, after, during my full-time job.
Nine kids.
Grandbabies.
Mylanta.
Here's the thing:
I will never get this year again - his last year of little league football.
So, here we are!




No comments:
Post a Comment